5 Reasons You Should Grill your Holiday Turkey
Tis the season for eating Turkey and if you are one of the growing number of chefs thinking about grilling your holiday bird, here are 5 reasons to help convince you why you should.
- Flavor – what grilling is all about. You can’t beat the flavor, texture or aroma of a grilled turkey. Grilling also allows you to add another layer of flavor by adding smoke to the grilling environment.
- More room in your oven. Cooking your turkey on your grill leaves lots of oven space for other delicious menu items like scalloped potatoes and pumpkin pie.
- Clean-up is a breeze. If you grill your turkey you won’t have a roasting pan to soak and scrub – but you can still use a disposable roasting pan to catch drippings for gravy.
- Impressive presentation – a beautifully grilled turkey with golden-brown, crispy skin is sure to impress your friends and family.
- Create a separate space – On a warm Thanksgiving day, some of your guests will certainly want to see what all the fuss is about – let them gather around the grill and offer up some appetizers in your outdoor space.
It’s that simple.
Here are some helpful links for getting started: